In May 2018, the 1C-Bitrix company presented a new version of the product “1C-Bitrix: Site Management 18.0“. The developers called this update the largest in the last 10 years. Why? Let’s analyze in detail.
Site on Bitrix 18 – what’s new?
Website builder inside the CMS
Now you can create an unlimited number of pages, landing pages and sites in the built-in constructor.
- Simplicity and ease of use of the constructor: you can choose any template, change blocks, background, images;
- A collection of 35 ready-made templates: now you can create your own template in your design;
- More than 200 blocks for placing information on the site: ease of moving blocks from catalogs, changing the font, palette, adding animation, customizing buttons;
- Easy information output from 1C-Bitrix: Site Management;
- Adaptation of sites on tablets and mobile devices;
- Websites on the constructor can be placed on your hosting;
- High speed: there is already a Composite inside the sites and landing pages.
Online store: new opportunities
- Google Maps at checkout;
- B2B and B2C shopping cart: it has become much faster, more powerful and more convenient;
- Synchronization with Vkontakte products: all products from the catalog will be automatically transferred to the social network (and vice versa) in different sections;
- The ability to print advance receipts with customized integration with an online checkout;
- SMS authorization: from the administrative panel, you can configure integration with most SMS services and significantly simplify the life of mobile users;
- Bidirectional exchange with 1C: all changes that occur with goods in the online store automatically appear in 1C and vice versa;
- Transport requests: necessary for those who work a lot with mail. All orders are promptly delivered to delivery services, they are automatically assigned a track number, and customers and the store receive notifications;
- Cumulative discounts: now there is no need to segment customers by the amount of purchases and organize e-mail newsletters as before, the site will now “itself” make a discount to an authorized buyer.
The ability to divide customers into groups to personalize advertising and mailings
- New e-mail newsletters: updated templates, simplified interface;
- Target advertising: targeting selected segments from 1C-Bitrix: Site Management;
- New SMS messaging module;
- Triggered mailings: increase conversion and repeat sales;
- Support for the new Yandex.Webmaster API.
- New Rest API: now it has become much easier to integrate the site with external services, which makes it possible to increase the functionality of this interaction and reduce the execution time;
- Cloud platform support from Mail.ru Group: the updated version has the ability to connect the mail.ru cloud storage. Perhaps, in the future, there will be other offers from Russian hosting companies, but for now you can use Mail.ru Cloud Storage services for free for two months using the promo code 1СBITRIX;
- D7 core development;
- Website widget: free chat, callback and CRM form.
New licensing policy
The prices remain the same, but with the Standard and higher licenses, you can now create an unlimited number of sites.
From July 1, 2018, the First Site and Expert licenses are withdrawn from sales. But until July 15, you can upgrade to a license with advanced features with a 50% discount!
On licenses “Standard”, “Small Business”, “Business” and “Enterpise” you can now create an unlimited number of sites and landing pages. The license “Start” is limited to 2 sites. The ability to buy sites is also removed from sales.