This article is devoted to how to add products to Yandex.Market (YAM): this is a basic instruction that will help you take the first independent steps to connect an online store to this site.
Advantages of a store added to YAM
Adding a store to Yandex.Market is beneficial and useful on several fronts at once.
- Great coverage. Every day, YAM is opened by millions of warm users.
- Powerful launch brand. As a Yandex project, the Market and the stores hosted on it receive all the benefits of being known for their publisher: user loyalty, advertising tools, direct links from the Yandex home page, wizards in a search engine.
- Technically advanced site. Users appreciate YAM for thoughtful filtering, the ability to compare price offers, read reviews and watch video reviews.
- Lower cost per click, than in contextual advertising.
- Reputation tools. You can respond to reviews and comments on behalf of the brand by communicating with customers and showing the level of service.
- E-commerce analytics. Together with Metrica, these systems provide accurate and visual data on sales, advertising costs, conversions, and so on. Yandex.Market Analytics service helps to analyze customer demand data and get a more complete picture of the market.
- Content Marketing with Market Magazine. High-quality, responsive, optimized content can get to the top of Yandex search results, show expertise and bring new customers.
Preparation for placement and requirements for stores
Before adding an online store to Yandex.Market, check yourself for compliance with all the rules of the site:
- The site does not sell products prohibited for sale in the Russian Federation.
- The seller is an individual entrepreneur or a legal entity.
- The store offers retail items for a specific customer.
- The store is ready to provide full legal and contact information.
- Each product in the store has its own page with characteristics, photos and prices.
- The store sells or delivers goods to at least one of the following countries: Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan. The store is registered in any country except Ukraine.
Compliance must be complete: if the store does not pass at least one item, it will not pass moderation.
In addition, the online store must have:
- fully laid out site (not under development);
- check-out (checkout page) and work basket;
- absence of viruses and malware, as well as pop-ups on the main and product pages;
- managers responsive to calls and ordering;
- a valid phone number in the header / footer of the site;
- published information on the cost, payment methods for the order and delivery conditions;
- catalog of goods in the desired format (more on it later).
How to add your store to YAM?
Before you get to Yandex.Market, you need to create a mail that will be your login.
If we consider the algorithm itself, how to add a product to Yandex.Market step by step, it looks as simple as possible:
- Follow the link, fill in the data in the form and click the “Register” button.
- In your personal account, fill in the settings, download the price list (more on that later) and send the data for moderation.
- Correct errors, if any (this will be discussed in a letter from the Quality Control Service).
- Pay for accommodation by replenishing the balance:
It looks just not only because it is Yandex with an intuitive interface, but also because the devil is in the details. There are many nuances that should be considered before creating a store in Yandex.Market.
- There are 6 attempts to connect. If the CCM (Quality Control Service) reveals flaws during the check, it will not work to fix them endlessly and send them back for review.
- Absolutely all data, especially legal data (type of organization, OGRN, name, addresses – actual and registration), must be reliable and up-to-date. Moreover, there should be a separate page for them on the site. The CCM checks this information very carefully.
- It is important to prepare employees for a test order and a call. If the CCM call is not answered or answered later than one and a half minutes, this may result in denial of placement. Test orders by mail must be answered within 1 hour and a space must be added to the code sent. If your store processes orders without staff involvement, you need to describe how your system works. If the described process is appropriate for the Market, the CCM will not check the response of the staff to the test order.
What is a YML file and how to generate one?
A YML file is a store’s price list in the Yandex Market Language format based on the XML standard. A price list is required to add a store to the Market. And, although YML is not the only format for this (you can still use XLS and CSV), it is he who has the most features and benefits.
- The easiest way is to create a YML file using CMS tools – internal or modular. For example, Bitrix has a Yandex.Market for Business module, WordPress has a YML for Yandex Market plugin, and AdvantShop has a built-in option.
- If your site’s CMS does not support YML file upload, you can use third-party software. For example, a generator from Mysitemapgenerator.com.
- If you have a small online store and a full-time programmer, you can generate a YML file manually by writing a script for unloading goods.
If there are a lot of goods, you can use several price lists: YAM will check them in parallel and it will take less time than checking one price list with several thousand items. The main thing is to make sure that the products are not duplicated in different files.
What goods can be placed on YAM?
You can place a store on the Market only if it sells goods permitted by law and Market policy. Therefore, it is easier to list what cannot or can only be sold on the Market with restrictions.
You cannot add a company to Yandex.Market if it sells:
- explosive materials;
- drugs and psychotropic substances;
- any weapons and air rifles;
- medicines subject to quantitative accounting (containing narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and their precursors, potent and toxic substances, some pharmacological active substances);
- tobacco and nicotine-containing products (including electronic cigarettes, smoking accessories, goods for processing, production, storage and disposal of such products and gift sets with them);
- ritual goods;
- testers and samples of perfume and cosmetics.
With a restriction (subject to the provision of documents), you can add a site to Yandex.Market, which sells:
- medicines, dietary supplements, medical products;
- products that are structurally similar to weapons (but not souvenir weapons);
- jewelry (if the store is also registered with the Assay Office).
How much does accommodation in YAM cost?
Registering a store on Yandex.Market is free. The store pays for clicks on its website using the YAM link and clicks on the phone number.
For settlement with stores, YAM has two models:
- The minimum cost per click. It is calculated individually for each offer and is updated daily. Suitable for products that do not have cards yet. You can find out this indicator in your personal account.
- Betting. By using bids, the store raises the cost per click in order to promote their offers. Default bids assign their cost per click for all offers in the store, and individual product bids for each product separately. Default bids increase the positions of all products, while individual bids only increase the positions of the selected ones. Individual bids take precedence over default bids and are suitable for pre-formed card offers.
Frequent errors leading to the disconnection of the store from the Market
There are a lot of nuances in how to get into Yandex.Market with a product and really benefit from it. In places, this placement work is like thin ice: the CCM checks the stores on a regular basis. Therefore, there are a lot of errors that provoke a store shutdown. Here we will focus on the most common ones:
- 2 or more critical errors in 30 days (for example, the store did not respond to an order within an hour, or the delivery cost was indicated incorrectly).
- Invalid payment method specified.
- The site was unavailable during the check.
- There is no price on the site.
- There are no documents on the site (for example, a license).
- Wrong proposal.
- The store duplicates the one already available at YAM.
- Different prices for NM and on the store’s website.
Most often, such errors are the result of non-fulfillment of the NM conditions, and not of the special captiousness of the CCM. Therefore, before uploading products to Yandex.Market, check your site for compliance with all the requirements of the marketplace. It will take much less time, effort and nerves.
You can delegate this work to us: SEO.RU specialists will help you connect your store to Yandex.Market and start making money on it.