Increase CR and decrease CPL by 2 times: contextual advertising of a website for the wholesale trade of packaging materials

The author of the article: Evgeniya Dronova,
specialist in contextual advertising company SEO.RU

About client and subject

The site belongs to a company that is engaged in the wholesale of packaging materials. There are a lot of competitors in contextual advertising in this direction: advertising is shown throughout Russia, there are many offers, and all of them have delivery within the Russian Federation.

A client came to us with already configured campaigns to be displayed in the Yandex and Google search engines, but it was difficult to call them effective: a large number of low-frequency phrases prevented ads from reaching the target audience and receiving calls and requests from ads.

There were also many common mistakes when setting up: no bid adjustments were set, additional relevant phrases and advanced geo targeting were included, critical negative keywords were not selected.

Problems with analytics were a “bonus” to this: there were no goals in Yandex.Metrica and Google Analytics, as well as dynamic call tracking. Whatever the effectiveness of the campaigns at that time, it was difficult to track it. For the client, the indicator was the lack of sales.

The tasks set by the client

It was important for the client:

  • receive as many applications as possible from contextual advertising at the lowest price;
  • expand the regions where products are sold, since the site is engaged in the wholesale of packaging materials.

Main works: basic settings and work with semantics

From the first day of work on the project, we have made many changes to the parameters of advertising campaigns:

Read also:   Promotion of commercial sites

  • Added a virtual business card.
  • Set up bid adjustments and negative keywords. As with any advertising campaign, here we only needed targeted traffic. Therefore, it is important to exclude advertising for retail customers and for those types of packaging that the customer is not interested in selling, for example, “packaging for flowers”.
  • We have set up a manual control strategy to manage bids as accurately as possible. Only with this strategy can we independently increase or decrease the bid for a particular keyword in order to increase the number of conversions.
  • Eliminated ineffective advertising sites. To do this, we first analyzed the bounce rate, viewing depth and conversion of a specific site. When enough data has accumulated for each site, we disabled those that do not bring conversions.
  • Adjusted regions and show schedule.

After these settings, we moved on to semantics and the actual declarations. First of all, we reduced the number of low-frequency key phrases. At the time of the start of work in the ads there were significantly more low-frequency keys (LF) than medium (MF) and high-frequency (HF) keys. This is an omission: it is HF keys that expand the reach of an advertisement to the target audience. And MF key phrases, of course, are more narrowly targeted than HF ones, and therefore there are fewer impressions for them, but on average they bring more conversions. You shouldn’t completely exclude low-frequency queries from campaigns: if you hit the target audience with your offer by low-frequency query, then the CTR of your ads and the conversion rate to leads can be very high.

Read also:   How to increase the effectiveness of dynamic remarketing in Google Ads

After we formed the semantics, we worked out the titles and ad texts, making them more relevant to the key phrase in the group.

results

Due to the fact that at the time of the start, there was no adequate setup of analytical services, we compare the indicators of the third month of campaigning with the indicators of the first, and not with the start date of setting up campaigns.

results

In the first month of advertising campaigns, the conversion rate (CR) was 4.25%, the click-through rate (CTR) was 5.45%, the cost per click (CPC) was 35.69 rubles, and the cost per lead (CPL) was 1,058 rubles.

In the third month, we managed to more than double the CR – up to 9.49%. At the same time, the cost per lead (CPL) decreased by half and amounted to 511 rubles.

Thanks to this, our client receives more requests from contextual advertising, while spending less on it. And by increasing the relevance of ads and reaching the majority of the target audience, applications from the site come from new, not previously developed regions.

0
How not to get an affiliate filter: a set of rules Price in an ad in Google Ads and Direct: how to set up and improve…

No Comments

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *