The road to the prosperity of a store on Yandex.Market (YAM) can be a thorny one: without knowledge of the intricacies of connection, errors often occur when setting up the Market, due to which registration is denied. This material is devoted to such subtleties and common mistakes.
We wrote earlier basic instructions on how to set up Yandex.Market on your own.
Effective configuration of Yandex.Market helps to save time and money, as well as avoid nerve-wracking bug fixes after moderation. To speed up the process and enlist the support of specialists, you can order the connection and setup of the store from us.
Some of the points listed below seem terribly commonplace, but it is often here that configuration errors are hidden, due to which Yandex.Market refuses to register a store.
Phone Impression Schedule
When forming a schedule for showing the phone of your online store, you need to indicate at least 40 working hours in total per week.
Specify the hours at which your managers will actually be able to answer the call: this way you will not miss a call from the client or the Quality Assurance Service, and also not spend your budget on clicks on the number that will become such missed calls.
It should be understandable to anyone, including – and especially – those who are not associated with the field of work of the store. From the name it should be clear what important parameters of the product are: for example, jeans color, shampoo volume, skin type, and so on. Example:
- Brit Premium by Nature 15 kg
- Dry dog food Brit Premium by Nature, chicken, 15 kg (for large breeds)
An accurate title containing important clarifications is the key to getting into the right category and, as a result, impressions.
It is best to generate a price list for NM in YML format: this way prices and assortment will be updated automatically. Filling in the tags in the YML file directly affects which category the product will be in:
- name – name. If you sell aprons for kids for creativity and craft lessons, mention it in the title so that your products do not fall into the kitchen aprons category.
- description – description. This tag can be left blank, but it’s better to do it anyway. A detailed description helps the user to make a choice in favor of your offer over a competitor’s product.
- param – characteristics. The more detailed this tag is, the better it will be filtered. For example, users often choose smartphones based on memory size, slots for 2 SIM-cards. If you do not specify parameters, the product will not appear in the filtering results, even if it actually has these characteristics.
- sales_notes – terms of sale. For example, prepayment or minimum order quantity.
- vendor – manufacturer or brand.
- model – the model and its key differences.
- typePrefix is a type or category.
- id – offer identifier. This is a required tag that can contain up to 20 characters – Latin letters and numbers. The id tag must be unique for each offer and constant across all versions of the same price list. If the same id is assigned to several offers, it will be assigned to the first one. The rest will receive a warning about the missing id when checking.
- price – current price; oldprice – old price: using these tags, you can specify a discount on an item. The discount must be at least 5%, maximum 95%. At the same time, the old price had to be valid for at least 5 days within the last 30 days.
Each offer must be indicated in the price list 1 time. An offer is not just a model of a product, but also each modification of it. For example, A5 notebook with a pink cover and the same notebook with a turquoise cover are 2 different proposals. The color of the cover must be specified in the param tag for all options, and how many colors you have, so many offers for this product will be.
If this is not absolutely necessary, do not change the id of products and categories: it will take a long time for YAM robots to understand what kind of product it is and where it needs to be displayed.
The region where your store is displayed in Yandex.Market is the region whose residents will see your offers by default. At the same time, product offers without delivery will not be posted on YAM, even if your target audience can come to you in 10 minutes. Therefore, even if you have only one display region in the Market, you must have at least one delivery method.
Delivery terms affect the ranking of offers in YAM. This parameter is included in the “attractiveness formula” of the offer: the better the conditions, the higher the offer. In addition, if the offer specifies delivery conditions only to the home region, and the user is looking for an item from another region, then this offer will be shown below the rest, including more expensive ones, if the user sorts the items by price with delivery.
Key rule: the buyer must receive the order exactly on the terms that are indicated on the Market. Or more profitable, but no less.
Setting up the Market for stores involves 2 delivery options:
Courier delivery conditions for your home region can be set in your personal account or in the price list (YML / XML). These methods differ from each other in the number of combinations that you can set prices and terms: in your personal account, you can combine products by price, by weight, by category; in the YML file – set the general tariff by default and for each product; and in the XML file – set only for each product separately.
Conditions for courier delivery to other regions are set only in your personal account.
In the YAM personal account, you need to indicate the addresses and contacts of offline points where the user can come to buy, and indicate the time and cost of delivery. Such points can serve as trading floors (ordinary stores where you can see the goods and then buy), points for issuing orders (only issuing pre-ordered orders) and a combined point (trading floor + pickup point).
If there are a lot of pick-up points, it is more convenient to use bulk upload via API.
YAM allows you to collect statistics on orders using Yandex.Metrica. To receive this data, you need to set up integration with Metrica. Where can I find these Market settings? In YAM’s personal account:
If, when registering for YM, you specified a login that has access to the Metrica counter of the online store, this counter will be indicated in the list – you should select it.
If for registration on YM you used another login that does not have access to the Metrica counter, you need to open access for it. In the Metrica settings, open “Access” and select “Add user”, then enter the login for which the store on YAM is registered, and specify the rights:
Before setting up Yandex.Market from scratch, it is highly desirable that e-commerce is set up in Metrica first. In this case, setting up Yandex.Market statistics will be faster: after specifying the counter in the YAM account, next to the field “E-commerce module”, “Connected” will be indicated. You don’t need to do anything further.
If you have not set up e-commerce in Metrica, then you need to specify the goals that indicate the ordering in the “Goals” field. It is not worth specifying the conversion stages (for example, adding an item to the cart), it is more useful to set full-fledged goals (placing an order through the cart or in one click).
The points listed above, of course, do not fully reveal all the nuances, however, understanding these aspects will allow you to set up Yandex.Market for online stores more accurately and more quickly.