Client – “Stoloto” – the largest distributor of state lotteries in Russia. ELama Custom Service Customer.
The period is from January to 31 March 2018.
Tools – Yandex.Direct (YAN), Yandex.Metrica, Report Wizard.
The task is to redirect traffic from the YAN from the maximum coverage to the implementation of the target action (new registrations).
- increase the number of new registrations by 40%;
- reduce CPA by 20%.
For a long time, advertising in YAN fulfilled the task of display advertising – increasing coverage. In 2018, the client made a strategic decision to reorient this channel into a performance source with corresponding objectives: increasing the number of new registrations and increasing sales.
1. Development of a new account structure and personalization of ads
For a more targeted appeal to the target audience, we divided the key phrases into three groups: target phrases, near thematic ones, by competitors.
Initially, for all semantics, general announcements were used of a more informational nature:
The new account structure made it possible to compose separate ads aimed at interacting with different audiences:
- for the target audience (RC “Lottery Requests”), familiar with the subject, prepared separate announcements for each product;
- for a colder audience (RK “Near-Topical Queries” and “Competitors”) we prepared brighter announcements using specific facts and figures about winnings (2,500 millionaires, 200,000 winning tickets), and also added a call to action:
2. Analysis and optimization of traffic
This stage consisted of two tasks – disabling ineffective sites and optimizing bidding for keywords.
Using data from the Report Wizard for each campaign, we have compiled a list of sites that need to be disabled:
- sites with a goal cost exceeding the specified KPI;
- sites from which more than 100 clicks were made within a month and there was not a single conversion.
Using the same evaluation criteria as in the analysis of sites, we increased bids for the most effective phrases and decreased bids by 50% for phrases with low performance.
From January to March, we increased the CTR by 128%, the number of conversions per 120%, while the cost of the target has decreased twice…
Below are the results separately for campaigns targeting different audience segments. These segments are characterized by engagement and reach that drive bids and ads.
So, in order for YAN not only to increase awareness, but also to bring targeted registrations, you need:
- segment key phrases;
- personalize ads;
- monitor the relevance of sites;
- optimize bids according to the effectiveness of key phrases.
These actions will help to optimize budget spending and achieve the set goals in most topics.
Subscribe to receive useful paid traffic content