Market from Yandex – what is it? YAM is a popular e-commerce platform and an excellent tool for attracting a warm audience. But before you launch your representative office here, it will be good to understand what Yandex.Market is, what requirements it makes, what opportunities it offers. This will help you navigate and form adequate expectations.
How does the service work?
E-commerce projects can work with YAM according to 2 models.
In the first case, the principle of operation of Yandex.Market is as follows: the site transmits YAM information about its assortment of its products, the Market demonstrates it to users. The user looks at the card on the YAM, and for the purchase goes to the online store.
How Yandex.Market works
The most obvious analogy here is with a shopping center: your brand can occupy a boutique on its territory and receive sales due to the high traffic of the shopping center.
Another model, which describes how Yandex.Market works with an online trading point, changes the last stage: the user does not go anywhere to buy, places an order directly on YAM.
The online store transmits NM data on the assortment through the price list. A price list is a document that contains all information about goods, their availability, cost, terms of sale. After the site has uploaded the price list for the service, the robot processes it, distributes products into categories, organizes and publishes.
YAM has requirements for price lists: it must be generated either in YML or XLS format. It can be formed in 2 ways: using CMS and manually.
A correctly compiled price list is perhaps the most important thing for Yandex.Market. Mistakes in the price list are fraught with falling into unexpected categories: for example, you sell rotary hammers, and you fall into the category of washing powders. This, of course, does not translate into sales.
How can Yandex.Market benefit an existing business?
Why do shops need Yandex.Market? Yandex is the most visited web project in Russia. This popularity, as well as technical and advertising power, provide additional lead generation channels for sites.
A potential buyer can see product cards from YAM in Yandex search:
And in Yandex.Pictures:
Also, offers with product cards can be displayed on the sites and services of the Yandex partner network.
Offers will be shown only in the region of your presence, which is set during registration.
Yandex.Market is a well-thought-out service: there are many tools for choosing a product, so it’s easier for a user to find what he needs. What is the Market from the buyer’s point of view? This is an opportunity to read product reviews, watch video reviews, compare models and prices, filter offers from different brands by the desired parameters and choose the best for yourself.
The quality of customer care translates into the number of sales: sites receive more conversion traffic. On average, thanks to clicks from Yandex, the conversions of e-commerce sites grow to 2.7%. This works not only online: YAM has maps with offline points of sale, the user can select the nearest store and come to buy himself.
Reputation tools and analytical capabilities of Yandex.Market will be useful for any brand. You can answer reviews and questions, publish articles in the Journal:
Business owners can analyze statistics in their personal account on the “Summary” page: estimate costs and orders, identify popular products, track how prices change.
How much does the placement cost?
Of course, all these NM capabilities are not free. The payment is structured like this:
- The store pays for clicks on a link from a block (transitions from YAM to the site) and clicks on a phone number.
- The store can pay for clicks at their minimum cost. The minimum cost for each offer is different, it depends on the price of the product, the share of advertising costs for promotion and the degree of attractiveness of the product in a particular region. You can find out the minimum cost per click for your products in your personal account.
- The store can independently set the CPC using bids. You can set a bid for all products at once or for individual offers, but it cannot be less than the minimum cost per click. Why you need bids: they help promote your store’s products by increasing the position of your offers.
What determines the success of placing on the Market?
YAM offers many opportunities for sales growth indeed. However, this is a tool that costs the business a certain amount of money, and the placement may not always go smoothly. You need to figure out how to work with Yandex.Market to make this investment payback.
Meet requirements. Your site should be free of viruses, pop-ups and technical errors. All pages should be displayed correctly, all elements and buttons when ordering should work. Information about the legal entity, prices and conditions of purchase must be up-to-date, the price list must be in the correct format.
A store on YAM can be deleted for a number of reasons: there is no confirmation of the order within an hour via SMS or e-mail, operators answer calls for a long time, there are any obstacles on the site when placing an order, some of the buttons do not work. In order not to lose representation on the site, follow all the NM rules.
- Use the “what + who + model” formula in your product name. For example, “Acer ASPIRE 3 A315-34 Notebook” and not “Acer Low Cost Office Notebook”. The manufacturer’s indication is very important.
- Update the price list if it has been manually downloaded.
- Add more photos, videos, animations: It is always important for the user to see how the product looks in reality.
- Provide a detailed description and provide additional information, to make it easier to find your products from the search results.
- To save time, contact the agency: you can order Yandex.Market customization from us, and we will place products with the benefit of your business.
Find out more from our consultants about how to quickly get settled on YM and what results you can expect for your particular business.